Here I am waiting for Hurricane Irma reminiscing on my time in my favorite city and I realized I forgot to even write a post about my favorite spots!! Oops. Better late than never and since this week is also New York Fashion Week I guess it's fitting. (Major FOMO)
- Sant Ambroeus: To die for Italian food. Cute story about how I finally got to go here after hearing so much about this place- on my last night in New York my friends and I were wandering the streets of the West Village starving and looking for anywhere to eat and literally just ran into the one restaurant I really wanted to try while in NYC. Food dream come true. I got the Cacio e Pepe which was amazing and I still crave it.
- The Butcher's Daughter: Even though everyone has definitely heard of this place, I was really impressed. It's pretty healthy and a great option for brunch. I got the French Toast which was A+.
- Soul & Sandwich in SoHo: One of my favorite Lebanese lunch spots. It was only a 10-minute walk from my office, with affordable (for NY) and healthy options. I usually got Tabouli and a Shish Taouk Sandwich.
- Sushi Roxx: My friend and I randomly found this place on Yelp and were obsessed. The place is a little cheesy, but so fun to go to! It has a night club vibe with good food and all the employees are performers. Every 15-30 minutes they would stop everything and either sing or dance. Highly recommend checking it out.
- Pommes Frites: One of the best delivery options after a night out. They are known for a massive selection of sauces to put on your french fries. Two words: truffle mayo.
- Beauty & Essex: Upscale speakeasy style restaurant. This place is really cool and unique, there's even a champagne bar in the girl's bathroom. Definitely, make a reservation if you plan on coming here.
I could go on and on about the restaurants but then this post would be 3 pages long. Final suggestion is dollars slice (or $3 if you're feelin crazy) pizza at any hour of the day.
- Mr Purple: Fun rooftop in the Lower East Side
- Lavo: Nightclub
- Brother Jimmy's in Murray Hill: On Thursdays for a casual, fun bar
- Catch NY: Turns into a cool nightclub
- 230 Fifth Rooftop
- Le Bain
- Lower East Side has tons of bars
THINGS TO DO
- Music festivals
- Free events unique to NY
- Shopping in Soho, West Village, Midtown
- Museums: New Museum, the MET
- Brooklyn for the day
- Smorgasborg Food Festival
- Take the ferry
- Central Park
- Battery Park
- Highline/Chelsea Market
- East Village at night