Lets be honest, I am not a morning person and I don't think I ever will be one. But in order to wake up feeling somewhat refreshed I do a couple things the night before and the morning of in order to feel ready to take on the day.
- FACE MASK: As we all know, I love face masks and this is just the perfect excuse to do a couple times a week. Doing a face mask right before bed helps me relax before bed and makes my skin glowy in the morning. The Fresh Rose Mask is my favorite at the moment.
- MUSIC: One of my favorite things to do before bed and while falling asleep is listening to soft, alternative music or classical piano. It helps to keep my mind calm and clear.
- PREPARE YO'SELF Try to sleep in as little light as possible. Also set an alarm (or 5) and keep your phone-use to a minimum.
- SKIN CARE: The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is go through my daily skincare routine. I wash my face with St Ives Face Cleanser, use my Neutrogena Toner, moisturize with Philosophy Take a Deep Breath, and finish off with my Biossance Squalane Rose Oil.
- MUSIC (again): I love starting the day with upbeat, happy tunes like Jack Johnson or if I'm feeling sassy, some Rihanna.
- BREAKFAST: Even though I truly don't always follow this, eating a healthy breakfast really helps to start your day off great. My go-to's are avocado toast with hard boiled eggs, green smoothies, or a matcha latte.
- OUTFIT: If you look good, you feel good. I notice that if I wake up an extra 10 minutes early and have time to make more of an effort into my outfit, I automatically start my day off better.