It's that dreaded time of the year again- finals week. And with finals comes the other stressors that define the end of the semester like moving out, summer plans. & saying goodbye. The only way I don't go crazy is by doing a couple "stress reliever" activities that help me stay sane. These don't just work for finals, but anytime you're having an especially busy time.
- ORGANIZE Whenever I have millions of things to do and feel overwhelmed my first go-to is organizing my schedule. For some reason writing out exactly what I need to do in my agenda and in lists makes me feel like I have my life together (kind of). Here is my chic agenda pad from Kate Spade (on sale now).
- MOVE IT Even if you don't think you have time, you know you do. Just an hour long workout or a 20-minute walk outside will make you feel so much better. Your mind will be fresh, clear, and ready to focus.
- RELAX This will make such a difference. Make sure to take a minute to relax and do something for yourself. Even if this means just grabbing ice cream with your friends, watching some Netflix, or doing a mask, like this Luminizing Boscia Black Mask.
4. EAT CLEAN Trust me this is a hard one for me too, since I usually crave pizza and Taco Bell 24/7. But I have found that eating clean, nutritional meals will make you feel energized and ready to take on your day. Preparing food ahead of time ensures you have no excuse that you "don't have time", cause we've all used that excuse. Here is an easy Tomato Avocado Salad that you can make in under 10 minutes.
5. GOAL SETTING Setting a goal is an awesome way to keep yourself on track, especially if you make sure to reward yourself if you reach it. Sometimes I will tell myself that I get to buy something I've wanted if I get a good exam grade or even just go get dinner at my favorite restaurant. This gives you an incentive to focus and suceed.