I went back and forth on what to write about this week, and I thought it would be fun to do a little Q & A. I think it's so important to have a personal connection when blogging and what better way to do this other than just being yourself! The past couple years I really think I've grown as a person and learned to just not care what others think. If it makes you happy- do it! I used to be very timid and shy in high school, always worried about the perception that others had of me. But now I just do what I want, wear what I want, & say what I want and I've never been more confident. So here is a little about me.
On another note, this outfit is perfect for the summer. I recently purchased my first pair of OneTeaspoon jean shorts and I am obsessed, they are the perfect fit (both slouchy yet fitting). I also have a slight obsession with backpacks so whenever I see one I love I must buy them.
Shop my look below! And scroll down for 10 things about me.
- Yes, my name is Samaya Salamun. Growing up I always hated having such a "weird" name but I've learned to love it. Everyone always asks my mom and I what it means and she said she literally just made it up, which is pretty cool. It's pronounced 'suh-MY-yah SAL-luh-men'
- I'm 20. But turning 21 on May 20th... So close but yet so far. I am so excited to finally be legal, especially because I will be spending my summer in NYC! Also, I am a total Taurus.
- I was born in Fort Lauderdale. And I grew up here! I love the beach vibes and proximity to so many cool restaurants.
- I love food. You have probably noticed if you follow me on instagram. One of my favorite things to do is try new food, discover cool restaurants, & make yummy recipes.
- My favorite scent is gardenia. It's also my dad's favorite flower & scent too. Voluspa has an amazing candle in this scent called Yashioka Gardenia.
- Biggest pet peeve. People who don't say thank you. This gets me fired up.
- Favorite food. AVOCADOOOO. I will order anything solely for the avocado.
- Guilty pleasure. Bad reality TV shows. Whateva.
- Favorite Bloggers and Style Icons. I cannot narrow this down but I love Aimee Song of SongofStyle, I low key think that we would be best friends if we met. I love Courtney Trops overall persona and look (AlwaysJudging). I have always loved Alexa Chung's cool look.
- I'm Lebanese. And I also understand Arabic fluently, working on speaking. I love the culture, country, & food so much. It really has shaped who I am today. Next year when I have a kitchen I'll be cooking up some recipes which I will share with you all.
- Oops I want to do one more. I go to a small college in Florida. I am majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in Public Relations! Next semester I will be starting graduate school and concentrating in Marketing when earning my MBA.
This was fun so I am definitely going to do it again one day. Write some questions in the comments if you're curious about anything specific!